Guide to the Library of the Department of Physics
Guide to The Library of the Department of Physics
1. How can you borrow a book from our Library?
- First you need to register your student’s card at the Library, it costs 12 zł and you can make it online. When registering with the library it is necessary to complete and sign the Declaration of the Library Reader of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań during your first visit in the library.
- You can borrow max. 10 books with your student’s card.
- Books are lent for 1 month, but you can renew them for another month twice.
- You do not have to come with books to the library, all you have to do is to log-in on your library account and renew them by yourself.
2. What if you forget to return your books on time or your book has been damaged?
- For every delayed book is a fee, 30 gr per day.
- If your book has been destroyed you would have to buy the copy of the book or similar one (librarians will tell you what to do in this situation).
3. What is the open access to the bookshelves?
- Open access to the bookshelves means you can find a book on your own in our repositories.
- We have three kinds of repositories, first is with books and manuals you can borrow home (books have multi-color labels at their backs), second is with books you can use only in the Library (one-color labels yellow), third is closed which means you have to ask for a specific book at the Circulation Desk.
4. How can you find a specific book?
- If you know the author or a title you can find a bookshelf by our electronic catalogue at the http://lib.amu.edu.pl (also you can find books by choosing subject heading – “hasło przedmiotowe alfabetycznie”).
5. What is the Circulation Card?
- It is a card you get at the Dean’s Physic Departament.
- You need this card when you finish studying in Poland (at the end of the Erasmus exchange).
- You have to come to the Library with this card, we will check your library account and if it is clear you get the rubber stamp and the sign from our Librarian.
- Now you can go back to the Dean’s office and you are free to go.
6. What else you have to know to use our Library?
- Whenever you want to borrow books, or read in the Library (the reading room) you always have to show your student’s card at the Circulation Desk.
7. Other information
|Library address: |
Biblioteka Wydziału Fizyki UAM
ul. Uniwersytetu Poznańskiego 2
|Opening hours of the Library of the Department of Physics: Monday – Friday : 9:00 am – 4:00 pm|
|Phone number: +48 618295246||E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|WWW: http://fizykabiblioteka.amu.edu.pl/||Join us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/fizykabiblioteka|
Guide to the electronic catalogue
- Enter our main page http://lib.amu.edu.pl/ (at the top right corner you can switch language to “English”). Choose “Catalogue”.
2. Now you are in our electronic catalogue.
Options of the simple search:
- Search by author
- Search by title
- Search by subject heading
- Search by title of the journal
- Main index
Options of the advanced search:
- Main index of words
- Search by the title
- Keywords from the title
- Search by the author
- Keywords from the last name of the author
- Keywords from the name of the author
- Search by the subject heading
- Keywords from the subject heading
- Search by the title of the journal
- Search by the series
- Keywords from the series
- Search by the publisher
- OCLC Number
- The control record number
The logic search:
- Here you can search by all above features combined. Also you can limit search to our Library and sort by author, title, etc.
3. Other features of the e-catalogue:
- Library account – you can control your library account and renew your books (To login to you library account you need: barcode of your student’s card (login) and the birth date: month and day eg. the date of your birth is 2001-05-18 then your password is: 0518).
- Electronic sources (e-journals, databases, e-books)
- Ask the Librarian